Friday, August 29, 2008

Enigma Box

The skills that scientists use are inferring, predicting, making models, classifying, and observing. I used most of these skills when observing the Enigma Box. I used predicting when I had to try to figure out how the Enigma box worked and why it worked that way. I had to make a model when i had to draw a picture of the inside of the Enigma box. Last I had to observing when we had to look at the Enigma box and guess what it was.
This is what I think the Emigma box looks like. Well the Enigma box is a black rectangle that is hollow and has a tube running through it. The tube allows the water to go out of the bottom. The Emigma box box is hard also. Well the water only comes out the tube whan it is filled with 450 millaliters of some type of liquid. THe tube that is the center of the box actually comes out of the very bottom of the side of the box. You can also make a hand made Enigma box and for it to be able to come out you have to fill it with at least 1000 millaliters of water.
Humm. I wonder how the Enigma box works. Well I think there is a sensor inside of there. I think it can tell when there is 450 millaliters of water in the tube and there is something covering the end and when the sensor goes of the thing opens and lets all of the liquidf out that is in the tube. That is why the water does not come out at 450 millaliters and then 320 the next time so the sensor is consistant.That is how I think the Enigma box and the tube works.
I was wrong about how I thought the Enigma box worked. The way the the Enigma box really works is the tube is tied and when the pressure gets high enough then the water is allowed to come out. There also is an overflow line called the overflow line and if the liquid gets over that then the water starts to overflow and come out of the box.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There were many simlaretes and diffence between yours and mying. First, simlaretes are that I predicted what was happening in the enigma box. Another simaler thing is I observed what was happening when mis. casey was pouring water in to the box. The diffrenses is that I thought there was a holding camber in the boxs and so when it got to a srenten level it all came out of the box.

But your Idea of there being a sencer was really good idea. Iwould never come up with that myself. I was also very surpresed on how it really worked. Yours was also very long compered to some other ones I read. It helped me out a little bit by being loger then most kids. But over all your post was really good. Compered to my post. Good job!

By: Tim Lange